Chairperson: Ann Thomas
The Long-Term Care Strategy Group works in response to its mission statement: To improve the lives of seniors by advocating for long-term care such as Medicaid funding for senior programs and in-home services, and improved access to physicians and dentists. The group is currently focused on the following issues:
- Increase state funding for in-home services to help Medicare recipients stay in their homes
- Increase funding for the MI Choice Waiver Program to provide home- and community-based care to Medicaid recipients.
- Increase funding for senior services through the Older Americans Act.
- Gain passage of state bills that will benefit seniors (e.g., adult oral care programs, the CARE Act, Veterans Home ombudsman).
- Educate seniors about important issues such as in-patient vs. observation hospital admissions, good oral health and The CARE Act.
- Inform seniors of housing options and what considerations should go into selecting where to age.
- Increase affordable housing for seniors at various income levels.
To contact the Long Term Care Strategy Group or to become involved, please contact Ann Thomas at email@example.com.